You are currently browsing the monthly archive for October 2009.
ughhh. so sickkk.
birthday last weekend was fantastic, minus the fact that i picked up some nasty cold, and have been holed up in bed on and off for the past 5 days. today is an off day. after 2 langhorne shows in a row, i think it finally really caught up with me….i slept in to 12 this morning (afternoon?) which i NEVER, EVER do. ughh.
otherwise, week was good, filled with dopplegangers, great hats, 4th generations, and old new london town.
god, i miss it.
ok. time to self medicate with cold medicine (nyquil? at 1?) and perhaps matzoh ball soup, if i’m feeling ambitious.
just a few things (can you tell i love lists?):
- i finally made an appointment to get my hair cut tomorrow. i’ve had my hair cut by the same woman in NJ for the past 8 years or so, and before that, only 1 other woman besides my mother. needless to say, i’m slightly hesitant, but i figure i should just do it. i need it badly. we’ll see what happens…
- walking on campus today, i was looking down at the side walk when i saw this
just chilling on the ground. i did a double take, and was like, WTF? and then kept walking.
- i know i keep saying i’m going to put more stuff in the shop but i will! i promise! just as soon a i’m done reading/reading/writing a paper/reading/hosting people this weekend/reading/reading. oy. (but if, by chance, anyone sees this and feels like there’s something they REALLY NEED that they don’t see, but feel i could do, let me know!!!! ! ! ! !!!!!!!!!!)
- i made you a mix. it’s very close to what i’ve been listening to for the past several days. it’s good. enjoy (if you can’t see it here, click “pop-out player” to access it)!
- i went to type “google” into my search bar yesterday, but pressed enter after only typing “goo” (i thought it would auto-spell/auto-enter). instead, “goo” came up as a wikipedia article…which is actually short for “grey goo“…which is the creepiest entry: Grey goo (alternatively spelled gray goo) is a hypothetical end-of-the-world scenario involving molecular nanotechnology in which out-of-control self-replicating robots consume all matter on Earth while building more of themselves—a scenario known as ecophagy (“eating the environment”).
- i have so. much. reading. to. do.
- apartment is almost unpacked (finally)
- i think i eat at least one egg every day. this is probably not good.
- i have so many ideas for things i want to make for the etsy shop. hopefully i can get to work on those ASAP. it would be so nice to have a separate space for making all this stuff….
- this is the greatest photo. i would love to do this…