You are currently browsing the monthly archive for November 2009.
embarrassing: when you are walking around on campus alone, and suddenly you hear someone yell “hey laura!”, so you start to say hi and wave, but quickly choke back your words and move into the awkward-slide-the-hand-over-the-hair-to-look-like-you-meant-to-do-that maneuver when you realize that not only do you not know the person, but they’re speaking to the girl walking directly behind you.
this is all hypothetical, of course….
oops. so, it’s been almost a month’s hiatus? yeah. whoops. i kept meaning to pop in and share things, but school got the best of me, and resulted in no posting. but OMG! N64! here’s a list of plusses and minuses! let’s see how the month was!
- saw neko case, langhorne slim, and devendra banhart within a one week span…that pretty much deserves a million plusses. seriously. best week ever. (+)
- contracted a nasty nasty nasty ear infection. i don’t think i’ve ever been in that much pain, aside from when i fractured my shin in high school. (-)
- but, after 2 weeks of drops and antibiotics and codeine and stuff, i feel almost normal (+)
- had a visit from a friend, and though it was somewhat awkward at times, i know i enjoyed it immensely. hopefully they feel the same (+)
- haven’t had nearly enough time to make all the things that i want for the etsy shop (-)
- made a calendar and realized that from now until december 14th, i’ll have something due every 3 days for class (-)
- was finally able to make myself start running again (+)
and honestly, i know i’m missing 9 million other things, but i’m not patient enough to try and figure out what those are.
also: i’ve become obsessed with ragdoll cats. or any cat that will just flop around in your arms, and have a personality trait described as “love to be held upside down”.
bears playing hockey. i know.
a few things:
- new london = in new york times travel section. SEE?? I TOLD YOU SO. in the article, they mention ATICC, which is currently selling my stuff. so, if that’s not reason alone to go visit, check out the rest of the NYT article and find something else that does. then, do it.
- or, if that’s not possible, you can just go to my etsy site. i’m trying to get some stuff done to add to it in time for holidayzzzzz.
- i’m currently in portland, OR. i needed to take a break. it’s been great. i’ll give more updates when i return (if i return……AND DON’T STAY HERE FOREVER!!!!)