You are currently browsing the tag archive for the ‘etsy’ tag.
i’ve been featured in two etsy treasuries in one day!
ok, back to sweating and sweating and packing and sweating
the past three weeks have been spent driving from alaska to brooklyn, hitting everything from beaches, to salt flats, to canyons in between.
and now, i’m moving! it’s as though i’m in a constant state of packing/unpacking/repacking.
BUT. 3 things:
- i re-opened my etsy shop!
- my deep sea diver notebook was featured in someone’s etsy treasury. take a look!
- i’m going to be selling things at the 5th annual I AM Festival in New London, CT. Stop by and see me! It’s September 11, on the waterfront. I’ll be selling from noon – 6pm.
so much to do!
i took a chance at playing curator today over at Etsy’s Treasury. it’s fun, and i was able to make a list of beautiful things i want for my new apartment that i move into this fall. feel free to buy me anything if you so desire.
my sincere apologies for such a hiatus from being here. mums and pums decided to take a week vacation to come and visit, so i was busy preparing for their arrival, and then had a week full of 3/4 family goodness.
4th of july is huge here. some things that were seen in the parade included:
- smokey the bear (in costume, back not zipped)
- donkeys and ponies with glittery, painted hooves
- a squadron of kids, age 6-14, driving around on atvs/quads
- a 100 year old woman in a golf cart
- old women dressed as early 20th century prostitutes
- a town band
- “fancy” cars (ie. not trucks)
it was pretty great.
other things that have been happening:
- i’ve been knitting and crocheting a lot lately. i’m working on a large blanket for myself, as well as a baby gift for friends. i wanted to finish the blanket for myself by this winter, but think the babygift will need to come first, as i can wait, while i don’t think it can stay in the womb much longer than 9 months.
- i signed up for a free netflix account. so far, i’ve watched the royal tenenbaums, grey gardens, and a, now watching it might get loud. jack white is unbelievable at guitar.
- i found a website that makes me want to get married asap. it’s called merci registry, and almost makes me think that it would be ok to rush into a hasty relationship with anyone just so i can sign up to use it. don’t worry. i won’t. but i kind of want to.
- i need to start the run 2 mi+ a day thing again. things were good when i was doing that. will make an effort to being enforcing that tomorrow
- i made cauliflower/potato soup tonight. it was good, could have used a bit more flavoring, but good. the not-so-good thing is that i’m left with about a gallon of soup. no joke…literally, a gallon. it’s leftover in the 4 small tupperware containers i have, as well as my large silver mixing bowl. i’ll be eating this for breakfast/lunch/diner for the next week. oyvey.
- i can’t stop looking at things that i want on etsy. i think sometime this week, i’ll post a wish list of things i’m in love with. then, if anyone loves me, they can buy them for me. i can show you how much i appreciate your thoughtfulness by making you fun things and showering you with kind words.
- i also can’t stop looking for jobs. unfortunately, not being done (or even started, for that matter) with my thesis, i feel like i’m kind of limited to NYC, which makes my options even slimmer. anyone have a job opening in collections management/registrar/curatorial work for me? thanks
it’s only 10pm, and i’m tired. i feel like there’s something in the air here that makes me want to sleep and sleep and sleep and sleep and sleep forever.
***also: when did we stop doing calisthenics? i think that needs to make a comeback. especially if it involves wearing nude-colored tinyshorts.
i never meant to be a liar. unfortunately, grad school has turned me into one. i keep meaning to post more often, but days blur together and before i know it, a month goes by with nothing.
it’s very strange how close to the end of school it is, which of course, means how close to the end of grad-school it is. come may 12, when i submit my last final paper, all that stands between me and a M.A. degree in Museum Anthropology is my thesis. i’m talking to my advisor about that tomorrow, but she gave me the nod of approval to go ahead with it when i handed in my proposal a month ago. i just hope that the library in wrangell can handle my researching needs….i’m a researching machine.
speaking of alaska, i’m still waiting on confirmation from my potential co-pilot for traveling out there. he should let me know tomorrow. i hope it’s yes. fingers crossed.
i can’t wait until i have a job that i can work at during the day, but completely leave there when i go home for the night. it’s really difficult to find a way to balance school-work time with personal time, as i always feel stupid-guilty when i’m not reading an article or writing a paper, etc. i just want to be able to come home and draw or paint or something. anything.
hopefully soon. and hopefully more updates to my etsy soon. so frustrating…so many ideas, no time.
i leave you with my new favorite video….buffy sainte-marie singing with fred the horse (cripple creek).
i am a blogging slacker. a quick list:
- i just put up some new stuff over at the etsy site. wonderful cards. you totally know you want them…
- i’m spending 10 weeks this summer in alaska. eeks!
- spring break! home in brooklyn!
- taking a letterpress class. it is so. much. fun. hopefully i can rent out a press to use once the classes are over to continue making prints. i’m in love. (don’t tell anyone, but i think i might want to go back to school for printmaking…yikes…)
i did it! i finally made the business cards i’ve been wanting to make forever!
go to my ETSY shop to check out my newest addition: fill-in-the-blank calling cards!
oh my goodness. sorry for such a prolonged absence…since the end of last semester, i tended to not be at the computer AS much, therefore leading to a decrease in blogging. whoops.
i will do better.
second semster is starting. it’s strange to think that after this one, all i have left is a summer consisting of a second internship and thesis. and then, i’ll. be. done. M.A. by October. so so strange.
speaking of internships, i’ll be spending the next 3-4 months working an internship for collections management at The Museum of Sex. i’m super excited, and if nothing else, it should provide some entertaining stories and be a good conversation starter for my resume. be prepared for updates.
thankfully, i was also able to get myself to start running again. like the title says, better late than never…last week was a slow start, but hopefully by the end of next month, i’ll be back up to 30 or so miles a week, and enter a race. fingers crossed.
also, i’m hoping to get some new things up on my etsy site soon. keep an eye out…
on an unrelated note, I’m totally in love with Amanda Wachob‘s tattoo work. the abstract ones are lovely, as are the conceptual ones.
bears playing hockey. i know.
a few things:
- new london = in new york times travel section. SEE?? I TOLD YOU SO. in the article, they mention ATICC, which is currently selling my stuff. so, if that’s not reason alone to go visit, check out the rest of the NYT article and find something else that does. then, do it.
- or, if that’s not possible, you can just go to my etsy site. i’m trying to get some stuff done to add to it in time for holidayzzzzz.
- i’m currently in portland, OR. i needed to take a break. it’s been great. i’ll give more updates when i return (if i return……AND DON’T STAY HERE FOREVER!!!!)
- i went to type “google” into my search bar yesterday, but pressed enter after only typing “goo” (i thought it would auto-spell/auto-enter). instead, “goo” came up as a wikipedia article…which is actually short for “grey goo“…which is the creepiest entry: Grey goo (alternatively spelled gray goo) is a hypothetical end-of-the-world scenario involving molecular nanotechnology in which out-of-control self-replicating robots consume all matter on Earth while building more of themselves—a scenario known as ecophagy (“eating the environment”).
- i have so. much. reading. to. do.
- apartment is almost unpacked (finally)
- i think i eat at least one egg every day. this is probably not good.
- i have so many ideas for things i want to make for the etsy shop. hopefully i can get to work on those ASAP. it would be so nice to have a separate space for making all this stuff….
- this is the greatest photo. i would love to do this…