You are currently browsing the tag archive for the ‘running’ tag.
my sincere apologies for such a hiatus from being here. mums and pums decided to take a week vacation to come and visit, so i was busy preparing for their arrival, and then had a week full of 3/4 family goodness.
4th of july is huge here. some things that were seen in the parade included:
- smokey the bear (in costume, back not zipped)
- donkeys and ponies with glittery, painted hooves
- a squadron of kids, age 6-14, driving around on atvs/quads
- a 100 year old woman in a golf cart
- old women dressed as early 20th century prostitutes
- a town band
- “fancy” cars (ie. not trucks)
it was pretty great.
other things that have been happening:
- i’ve been knitting and crocheting a lot lately. i’m working on a large blanket for myself, as well as a baby gift for friends. i wanted to finish the blanket for myself by this winter, but think the babygift will need to come first, as i can wait, while i don’t think it can stay in the womb much longer than 9 months.
- i signed up for a free netflix account. so far, i’ve watched the royal tenenbaums, grey gardens, and a, now watching it might get loud. jack white is unbelievable at guitar.
- i found a website that makes me want to get married asap. it’s called merci registry, and almost makes me think that it would be ok to rush into a hasty relationship with anyone just so i can sign up to use it. don’t worry. i won’t. but i kind of want to.
- i need to start the run 2 mi+ a day thing again. things were good when i was doing that. will make an effort to being enforcing that tomorrow
- i made cauliflower/potato soup tonight. it was good, could have used a bit more flavoring, but good. the not-so-good thing is that i’m left with about a gallon of soup. no joke…literally, a gallon. it’s leftover in the 4 small tupperware containers i have, as well as my large silver mixing bowl. i’ll be eating this for breakfast/lunch/diner for the next week. oyvey.
- i can’t stop looking at things that i want on etsy. i think sometime this week, i’ll post a wish list of things i’m in love with. then, if anyone loves me, they can buy them for me. i can show you how much i appreciate your thoughtfulness by making you fun things and showering you with kind words.
- i also can’t stop looking for jobs. unfortunately, not being done (or even started, for that matter) with my thesis, i feel like i’m kind of limited to NYC, which makes my options even slimmer. anyone have a job opening in collections management/registrar/curatorial work for me? thanks
it’s only 10pm, and i’m tired. i feel like there’s something in the air here that makes me want to sleep and sleep and sleep and sleep and sleep forever.
***also: when did we stop doing calisthenics? i think that needs to make a comeback. especially if it involves wearing nude-colored tinyshorts.
oh my goodness. sorry for such a prolonged absence…since the end of last semester, i tended to not be at the computer AS much, therefore leading to a decrease in blogging. whoops.
i will do better.
second semster is starting. it’s strange to think that after this one, all i have left is a summer consisting of a second internship and thesis. and then, i’ll. be. done. M.A. by October. so so strange.
speaking of internships, i’ll be spending the next 3-4 months working an internship for collections management at The Museum of Sex. i’m super excited, and if nothing else, it should provide some entertaining stories and be a good conversation starter for my resume. be prepared for updates.
thankfully, i was also able to get myself to start running again. like the title says, better late than never…last week was a slow start, but hopefully by the end of next month, i’ll be back up to 30 or so miles a week, and enter a race. fingers crossed.
also, i’m hoping to get some new things up on my etsy site soon. keep an eye out…
on an unrelated note, I’m totally in love with Amanda Wachob‘s tattoo work. the abstract ones are lovely, as are the conceptual ones.