You are currently browsing the tag archive for the ‘reading’ tag.
- i went to type “google” into my search bar yesterday, but pressed enter after only typing “goo” (i thought it would auto-spell/auto-enter). instead, “goo” came up as a wikipedia article…which is actually short for “grey goo“…which is the creepiest entry: Grey goo (alternatively spelled gray goo) is a hypothetical end-of-the-world scenario involving molecular nanotechnology in which out-of-control self-replicating robots consume all matter on Earth while building more of themselves—a scenario known as ecophagy (“eating the environment”).
- i have so. much. reading. to. do.
- apartment is almost unpacked (finally)
- i think i eat at least one egg every day. this is probably not good.
- i have so many ideas for things i want to make for the etsy shop. hopefully i can get to work on those ASAP. it would be so nice to have a separate space for making all this stuff….
- this is the greatest photo. i would love to do this…
the bug bites. they never end. i’m hoping they’re mosquitoes, but who knows…perhaps spiders? you’d think they’d be sick of me by now, but no. of course not. and, to top it all off, they’ve migrated from just my legs to the backs of my arms, the top of my hand (ouch!) and my forehead. blech. i look gross.
i am continually amazed at how, no matter how much reading i do for school, it’s actually never done. i’ll finish one book in time for class, and realize that 2 days later, i’ll be expected to have finished another one. this doesn’t even take into consideration the classes in which i need to provide a critique or thought on what was actually read, meaning i can’t just mindlessly plow through the stuff. ahhhh. to be back in school. ack.
(though, i suppose it’s good that most of the stuff i’ve been reading has either directly related to the idea of the representation of “otherness”, indigenous/native american studies, or a combination of both. slight score in that department.
on the agenda for the weekend?
- finish readings for theory
- write theory paper (short! sweet!)
- finish readings for mus.studies
- prepare questions for said readings
- finish readings for crit. n.am studies.
- clean my hovel room, and actually find a place in it for all the crap treasures currently residing in the living room
- work on more surprises for my shop*
- sunday excursion to manhattan for: brunch, Muji**, blick art for frames, and MoMA design store.
will all this happen? probably not. will number 7 happen? definitely.
*speaking of shop, my stuff is going to be sold at [aticc] in New London, CT. go! it’s a great place (and you can buy some lovely stuff by me there!). plus, i’m probably one of the biggest advocates for shopping locally and independently in New London (if not everywhere).
**Muji. i don’t even know where to begin. i stumbled across it earlier this week when i was making some returns downtown after class. it was the paper products that pulled me in. it was everything else that kept me there. it’s the best of japanese design…stationary and office supplies, clothing, home goods…you name it, they have it. and it’s all beautiful and clean and simple and for the most part, very affordable. HIGHLY recommend it if you live in the NYC area…or any other area, for that matter, if you can find a location (or shop online!)
ok. time for coffee and orientalism. yikesface.